Some like it hot, some like it not…
Whether you dress up this sweet little thing or have it au naturale, you are sure to fall in love with this easy, GLUTEN FREE, REFINED SUGAR FREE vanilla loaf cake recipe. You are welcome to substitute the Xylitol for castor sugar if you feel like sweetening things up.
Plain, just out of the oven this cake is ás inviting as dressed up with some pretty little extras and crowned with a shard of gold leaf.
Have some fun in the kitchen this weekend! Play around with toppings, sides and accessories and please share the pics of your version of this versatile
jane cake – I would LOVE to see it!
Her are some ideas to get you in the mood (including a few not-so-sugar-free options).
Adorn her with some berries, Turkish delight, creme fraiche and toasted pistachio nuts.
Treat him to a spread of grapefruit- or lemon curd, passion fruit, clotted cream and meringues.
Keep it sugar free with only strawberries and cream (OR Chantilly cream and a berry coulis if you feel opulent)
Take it to the next level with a little Chocolate Hazelnut spread, fresh cream and toasted hazelnuts with a swirl of Frangelico on the side.
What you need:
- 200g butter
- 170g Xilytol (or castor sugar)
- 3 eggs
- 65g almond flour
- 130g rice flour
- 1½ tsp (gluten free) baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract / paste
How to do it:
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. The fluffier and paler, the softer and finer your end-result would be- so give it a good go.
- Add the eggs one at a time, whisking after each addition.
- Mix in the almond flour; rice flour; baking powder; salt and vanilla until just incorporated.
- Pour into a prepared loaf tin and bake for 35 minutes on the middle rack of the oven.
- Cool down for 5 minutes in the tin before turning out on a cooling rack.