You need the following FOR every 2 PEOPLE, simply double- of triple up to make more.
- 3 zucchini (courgette, baby marrow)
- 1 fat carrot
- ½ cup of chopped canned tomatoes
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- ½tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbl water
- Fresh / dried herbs
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 round Feta cheese
- Basil pesto to serve
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Evenly spread the chopped tomatoes on the bottom of individual ramekins or one large roasting tin.
- Slice the vegetables with a vegetable peeler to make long ribbons. Roll up and arrange on top of the tomatoes. (A tight fit does a good job in this case).
- Sprinkle with water, oil, vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes until soft.
- Top with crumbled Feta cheese and loads of basil pesto.
- Optional: garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Serve warm with couscous as a main or as a side dish to roasted chicken, sausages or fish .